I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Today I write after a week's absence of being quiet. I had decided through much prayer and encouragement of the Holy Spirit to partake in a biblical fast last week. I've yet to process all of the spiritual implications of the fast and I probably won't discuss them via blog as it was an intensely personal (my friends are welcome to ask!). It was truly the paradox of bittersweet... bitterness at the circumstances and firestorms that I, with Christ, had to endure and walk thru...sweetness at the depth of peace I felt during the whole thing. I did question,at the time, why He called me to do this last week, considering all that went down, but now on this side of it, I know His timing is perfect.
One thing I will share is that my Lord is the conqueror of fear. I fought doing the fast because I feared failing at it. I knew that I am a food addict and to give it up would set me up to probably fail. And in my own power, that would have happened. I will tell you... He is faithful and will supply all your needs when He calls you to a task, ministry, or whatever. I was able to complete the 5 days without any food (juice and water only). I'm excited that once and for all, I KNOW my God is bigger than my weakness. Oh, food is still a struggle for me and no doubt will be for the rest of my life because of various and asundry issues related to it...but it's not the stronghold it once was. I've learned that there are two actions to the above verse... I can do...which means I have to make an effort...and through Christ...which means He has to be a part of it. I would caution anyone looking to do a fast from anything to make certain that He is directing it, otherwise it's just deprivation for no biblical reason. Seek counsel from a godly source before starting if you are unsure. If you are a young person, do NOT do this without your parent's permission. Lastly, while doing it, don't tell anyone that isn't necessary. Those you live with will obviously know, but this is a deeply personal experience...allow it to be!
Hugs ~
No comments:
Post a Comment