Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things I just don't get....

Last night a group of us were talking about things we just don't get from God's Word and how difficult it can be to discern what it means and how it applies. We laughed that some things will just have to wait until Heaven. I've been playing around with this idea of things I just don't get and I decided to pen it for fun. So, in no particular ranking of how much it confuses me, is a list of things that perplex me. Some serious, some silly... but hopefully thought provoking and entertaining....

~ I don't get why some people must have chronic drama in their lives. They seem to thrive on their life being in constant turmoil, and when there isn't, they make a wacko decision that even a 6 year old could tell wasn't a wise choice, just so they have some more drama.

~ I don't get why the guy in the dual exhaust jacked up truck had to go from zero to 40 between placing his order and the payment window at McDonald's this morning. Just what was he trying to prove? And to whom..the fry girl? Perhaps it was a testosterone issue....

~ I don't get why I spend time looking at what separates me from people instead of what commonly bonds us. I feel like I have been faultily wired to figure out how I am different from folks instead of what we have in common. Maybe pride....

~ I don't get why people have faith that politicians are here to save the day. We expect a group of folks who may or may not have had any experience in the real world to fix our problems? Come on. I can tell you first hand that more help from the government will automatically mean more oversight and involvement, which translates to less freedom and innovation. And we know how we Americans deal with being told what to do and how it must be done.... I, for one, do not wish to have my life directed by some fat cat on Capitol Hill or in Springfield. Ok...enuf with the politics...

~ I don't get why the IDOT truck ran over the HUGE dead skunk in the road instead of stopping and removing it so others didn't hit it this morning. Seriously, the dude couldn't have missed it... it was the size of a small dog! Isn't that part of what the thousands of tax dollars I pay go for? Or could it be like a few of the people in past places I've worked that would walk by a paper on the floor and not pick it up because it was someone else's job?

~ I don't get why I can take a negative comment directed towards me and believe it to be gospel, but I virtually ignore or brush off a compliment. Balance will always be that one area that will elude me....

~ I don't get why I spend so much time focusing on the lies of the enemy that I am worthless instead of the truth of the Word that I am priceless. My Savior paid an unimaginable price for me and the fact that I spend even one millisecond doubting my worth is unacceptable.

~ I don't get people who think life owes them. People who don't believe you have to work for what you want, but rather it should be handed to them. Guess I was raised believing that anything worth having is worth working for....and I believe it to be true.

~ I don't get rebels without a cause. People who break rules just because they can baffle me. What's the point? Do they think it makes them look cool, because frankly, they look like idiots. God gives us intelligence and discernment...we should use it.

~ I don't get the duck-billed platypus. Wonder what God was thinking on that one? Wonder why Adam named it that? Are there other non duck billed platypuses in the world? Are you googling to find out? Maybe He just wanted to give me a laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment