When I read this photo topic, I laughed and said, "That isn't happening!" Yup, my closet is a complete disaster!! So you get a picture of the closed door...which got my thoughts to rolling around in my head...
This is a great example of how I have too lived much of my Christian life. I have not been authentic, but rather have played the part of the politically correct Christian. I've put on the exterior show, not allowing too many people to get too close lest they see the utter disaster that is on the inside. I've foolishly thought I could also close off those areas to God, even though I knew He knew the mess that I was ~ if the door was closed, I could ignore it. Funny thing...eventually the mess behind the door makes it's way out ~ just like the disaster in my closet has made it's way out into my bedroom!
That happened to me spiritually...the mess within came flooding out when I started to allow the power of His Word to sweep out those dark crevasses of my heart. Through discipleship, spending time consistently reading and applying the Bible to my attitudes and actions, and having accountability, the Lord has begun to unpeel the layers of years of being a poser and replacing them with His truth. It has been painful, difficult, overwhelming and I have wanted to give up innumerable times! That being said, it has been MORE than worth all of those feelings!! I am still a work in progress, but I see how He has refined me and is shaping me to be more like He is.
I am living proof that if you apply what you learn from Scripture (James 1:20), ask Him to draw close to you (James 4:8), confess your faults to another who is consistently walking with Jesus and will hold you to HIS standards in love (James 5:16), then He is faithful to grow you in ways you never dreamed possible!
~ hugs ~
No comments:
Post a Comment