Ugh. As I prepared to head to work this morning, I happened to look out the kitchen window only to notice that my sunroof on my car was completely opened. Not a problem most days, but we had a heavy duty thunderstorm that started in the wee hours of the morning. I raced out to close it to find a few inches of rain in the cup holders and everything else drenched. Great. It has been a stress filled week and honestly, this did not help matters in the least.
However, I am choosing to look at this as an opportunity. First, I need to take a serious look at my schedule and eliminate some activity. That window was left open because I was in too big of a hurry to get to the next thing last night after being late from the last thing I had to do. Not a good way to live life. Second, it's just a car. Yes, I want to be a good steward of what I've been given, but it's just a car. It will dry out, hopefully not have damage to deal with, and if not, well, it's just a car. Third, I will have the chance to visit with my mom as she drives me to work, God bless her! We don't get to do that often enough, so I will take advantage of it today! Finally, it was a great added bonus to my reading this morning in 1 Corinthians 15-16. The Lord wants me focused on the eternal, because that is what is important. Who Jesus is, what He has done, and what He will do is truly what is important. Not a car, or a delay in my schedule, or the annoyance of it all. Jesus.
Thank you, Lord, for silver linings!
No comments:
Post a Comment