I didn't realize just how quickly a slope can be when heading into a valley...and I think this one has been a free fall...without a parachute. I think I have landed flat on my back on a ledge that is precariously teetering, threatening to tip at any moment and send me catapulting me deeper into the abyss. Circumstances just keep coming out of no where. Things that make absolutely no sense, that shouldn't be vying for my attention, yet they are. I am angry about so many things today. Let me be very clear... I am not mad at God. I am just mad...at disease, at people, at myself. And that's when He overwhelms me into knowing that He sees my hurt and he cares
...by sending a friend into my office who simply says, with tears in her eyes, that she understands and is here for me, and I now have a glimpse of what she felt when cancer hit her family.
....by sending a sweet new friend into my family's life who is making it her mission to encourage, fast and pray and God is using her in Kelli's life and my Mom's life to lift them up.
.... by a facebook message of another who has 'been there, done that' as an older sister of an ill sibling and her words were so encouraging and comforting.
...by the text of a friend saying they were praying and hoped I could feel it...and the answer is yes, I can!
...by the hug of a co-worker
...by the phone call of an inner circle Jesus girl who just listened to me unload my frustrations, gently guided me back to center with truth and love, and also made me laugh along the way.
...with worship music that reminds me that amidst that fallibility of us all, He is jealous over me, loves me beyond comprehension, and is willing to fight for me...for Kelli...for others that are in the raging storms of life right now.
Simply put... I am overwhelmed by His love.
No comments:
Post a Comment