What a weekend! So much energy was expended by so many and I pray that all who were 'busy' during our retreat were able to take moments with the Lord just to hear his voice. Maybe it was in table discussions, or speakers, or worship in music or prayer. Or maybe it was in a few stolen moments of quiet that you were able to open the Word and soak in His voice talking just to you...no clanging going on in your ears (Thank you, Kari, for a great visual for me!). For those who were ministered to this weekend, thank you for showing up and anticipating to hear from Him...you blessed those who have worked diligently, prayed without ceasing, gave their all for His glory.
I know for me, the Lord and I were in a battle for my will this weekend. As I shared with the sweet friends at the morning table discussion, I spent a lot of Friday night, in the dark quiet of my bed relinquishing control for so many things and hating every minute of fighting the battle between my selfish desires (my flesh) and my desire to please the Lord with all that I am. As I sat broken on Sat. morning, He showed up, put His arms around me like a Daddy does for his girl, and spoke Psalm 145:8 to my heart ~ The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion: slow to anger, and of great mercy. He so gets what my heart needs at every moment! He forgave me for my multiple shortcomings confessed (AGAIN!) to Him in Hickory Lodge and reassured me that He will help as Psalm 144:2 tells me. And yes, I made some commitments to Him during this weekend...as did many of you from the stories that you have told me. Now is the next day, friends. Time that we come back down off the mountain, into the dailies of our life where commitments made this weekend collide with the realities of our lives. So, the question that will come very quickly is...Did you mean it? When you told Jesus that you want to change, did you mean it? What are you going to do with "it" now...you know, that thing that He and you agreed needed to change/ be eliminated/be added?
God knows the battles that will ensue...and they will come, make no mistake. You must lean into Him, His Word and His "Jesus girls". There is nothing more dangerous than entering a battle unarmed and alone. I have included an incredible clip from the movie "Courageous" that sums this up so much better than I can. Pay close attention beginning at the 2:40 mark in this clip! I love you, my sisters!
No comments:
Post a Comment