Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 4 - Strangers



This was admittedly a difficult photo subject.  I wouldn't ever feel comfortable taking picture of a random stranger.  So I decided to think outside of the box on this one and it came to me after a conversation today.  This week has been an emotionally rough one.  Two families in my church have been dealing with some difficult and tragic events over the past couple of days.  The types of things that leave you going to your knees in intercession for those who are hurting deeply.  Just a week that has left me dragging, and it's only Wednesday!

Today I was running some errands over my lunch break and stopped in to pick up a gift for a little boy who is part of one of the aforementioned families. I was in search of a horse for my buddy, Keith, and I stopped in a local farm supply store because they carry some very cool toys that would appeal to him,  I found the perfect draft horse that I imagine K will clutch in his little hands and was headed to the checkout when one of the store proprietors, Drue, greeted me in her usual upbeat manner.  Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy working in the community that I do?  It's people like Drue that are the reason for that enjoyment!  As we bantered back and forth about winter and snow, the conversation turned to the reason for my purchase.  I shared the story and immediately Drue asked for a name so that she could pray.  I then shared the other news and she pulled out a piece of paper, wrote all of these heart hurting burdens and said she would pray.  Don't you just love that?  These people are strangers to her and she doesn't know them at all, but she knows Jesus and that's all she needed to know.

It's true that we all begin as strangers, but with Jesus we become family.

No comments:

Post a Comment