Words. As Maria would sing...these are a few of my favorite things! I enjoy learning new words, doing word studies to understand nuances of their meaning, and almost of all how they can change me. The above set of words are taped into the inside cover of my Bible. They were said to me by someone who isn't given to speaking many words, so they have held a special place because I know he meant every one that he scribed. They have been a good reminder to be careful with over using words that could come across as flattery and they have cheered me on when I believed that I was worthless. As one whose love language is words of affirmation, they have spoken the gift of agape love to my heart over the years. They are taped into my Bible because it is there that I find the best words of all... Words that give life, that correct my thinking when the Accuser whispers lies to me, and give direction to keep me walking on the correct path.
Proverbs 15:23 - A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth and a word spoken in due season how good is it!

No comments:
Post a Comment