Tuesday, November 26, 2019
To plant and to harvest
Having lived in a farming community for most of my life, I have come to love watching the the whole process of preparing, planting, and harvesting. I enjoy seeing the planters roll out in the spring, placing precious seed that soon sprouts endless rows of corn and beans. So much hope of better things to come. Then the heat and humidity of Illinois summers make that corn grow tall and produce big ears of golden kernels that will feed nations - what a responsibility! Finally, my favorite - harvest. To see those combines roll out and glean fields, depositing corn and beans into huge semi trucks and pass many on their way to storage makes my heart happy. Yes, I simplify the process for certain as I am not a farmer. Yet I can relate to some of what they experience.
This year has been particularly difficult for our nation of farmers. In fact, I am certain that difficult doesn't begin to describe what they know as reality. I don't think I have prayed more for our farmers than I have have this year. Two of my favorites are just finishing up harvest today. It's been hard from start to finish.
That's how I have felt about this season of my life related to sharing the Gospel. Trying to plant seeds in hearts that are not interested in the truth of the Scripture is labor intensive. Part of this falls on me to just do it. Still, part of it is the culture of relative truth...truth being whatever I choose it to be. However, I can't allow culture to dictate my obedience to what Jesus tells me to do - share Him with others. I have the cure to spending eternity in hell and I MUST share that with those who don't have that cure. I have to work as hard as our farmers have in 2019 to feed the world. My prayer for 2020 is to see a bountiful harvest from seeds I plant now for Jesus.
If you are reading this, do you know Him? I would love the opportunity to sit with you and share what the Bible says about salvation. PLEASE reach out to me ... your eternal destination is worth it!
Psalm 126:6 - He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment