Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter Wonderland

As I sit here typing, we are in the throws of yet another winter weather advisory.... sleet, ice, snow. All the lovely attributes of winter in the Midwest. And, I have already received several phone calls, texts, and emails from family and friends warning me of the impending doom that awaits my drive home. I used to get a wee bit irritated with the constant 'when are you coming home' or 'don't you think you need to come home early' comments when nasty storm clouds loomed on the horizon. I mean, don't these people think I know how treacherous it is to drive in ice? Is my driving really that bad...OK, I know I've claimed to be an 'awesome' driver in the past and I've been introduced to more than one ditch in my driving career, but really, am I that bad?? Nope. I'm just loved. What a marvelous feeling it is to know that I have several people on this planet that love me enough to be concerned about my well-being! I am thankful that they want me home safe and sound. I am also given an inkling of just how much my Savior loves me. He's placed a wonderful group of people in my life to look out for me and to give me "in the flesh" reminders of His love. So, thanks gang for caring...and remember, He loves me more than you do and will be with me when I fishtail for home!

1 comment:

  1. That's hysterical!!! Glad you're finally "getting" it!!!!! .....on being loved and being nagged!

    ReplyDelete