Friday, December 19, 2008

Everyone needs a Jonathan

I've been blessed with a best friend who is more like a sister to me. She's the Jonathan to my David. She's the kind of friend who doesn't tell me what I want to hear, but rather what I need to hear ~ and she does so in a way that makes me pay attention. She's the kind of friend that has my back and will not hesitate to defend me, even when I don't always deserve it. She lives her faith in a way that encourages me to be still and just relish in the moment of being with the Lord. She doesn't allow me to be less than who God wants me to be in her presence. She's that person with whom I have decades of history and we only have to mention a word or two and we are automatically transcended into memories that send us into giggle fits.

I wish everyone could have a Sherri in their life... I know mine is much better because of it. She's God's perfect gift of friendship to me and I am so very thankful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment