Seems I'm on a theme with my thoughts lately. Today, I'm thankful for the women God has placed in my life. My girlfriends. Those people with whom I can be authentically raw ~ whether it be in laughter, quiet, hurt, rejoicing. Those people who just seem to "get me". Friday night I had the joy of spending several hours with 6 such women from my church. Ordinary women doing some extraordinary ministry. To the person, they would tell you that they are nothing special. Oh, but I see something so different. They have allowed the Lord to come into their lives and do mighty things through them. Some are parents trying to raise children to love and serve Jesus, some are ministering to other women in their work places, some are reaching out to young people, all are involved in ministering to others in our local body of believers. While most of the evening was spent laughing, there was a lot of ministering to each other's souls. I know it was just what my soul needed.
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment