Words. The most useful tool in my bag... or the most dangerous weapon in my arsenal. I've been thinking a lot about words of late because of my study in Proverbs, and more specifically of how I use them. Everyone that knows even the least bit about me knows that I am a talker... I enjoy connecting in conversation with other people. But I don't believe I am a good communicator. Oh, yeah, I know some big words and how to present them, but to really articulate meaning...well, it's lost on me most of the time. Also, I use words carelessly. I guess the reason this kept me up thinking last night is because I was told yesterday that I am a woman of influence. Yes, I've been told this before by the world and I am usually always baffled by it. But it was told to me by a young woman who loves Jesus and is trying to grow into a godly woman. That frankly frightened me. Influence carries a heavy load of responsibility with it. Am I up for the task of being an influential woman of God? Wow. That means my word will carry more meaning and my actions will have to back the words I say. That means I will have to anchor even deeper into Jesus to reflect His prominence into these young women's lives. This year I have but one resolution. To be the woman of influence He desires of me. That doesn't mean perfection, but I want to consistently be a woman who is found speaking kindly, truthfully and what is necessary. That's why I am thankful for God's Word. It has the power to comfort, heal, reproof, rebuke, teach, but most importantly, to Save.
Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
No comments:
Post a Comment