Have you ever been to an arcade with the funny mirrors? I have two favorites... either the one that makes me look tall and thinner (OK, so I"m vain!) or the one that makes my legs look about 5 inches long (it makes me laugh!). While these reflections can be entertaining, they aren't accurate.
I've noticed that can happen in the eyes of the people around me. Well intentioned, albeit unsolicited, counsel or advice can send me on a rabbit trail of thought or action that the Lord never meant for me to pursue. It's in these moments that I need to thank them for caring and immediately take what they said to the Ultimate Counselor. Often, I find their words are like the reflection of the crazy mirror...short on real truth.
That's one of the main reasons I love the Word of God. It's sharp, it's accurate and it's clear to those who know Him and seek His wisdom. God doesn't waste words, nor does He hold back in shining light into the dark places of my life. Additionally, He so often uses His Word to encourage my heart, to give me the 'atta-girl' I need to hear to carry out the purposes He has for my life.
Lord, let me fall in love with your Word today.
No comments:
Post a Comment