I got the coolest email today...totally unexpected. My brother, whom I adore, sent a forward email about dreamers verses doubters. It was good stuff. But that wasn't the cool part to the email. It was the personal note he sent with it...addressed to his three sisters. He told us how proud he was of us. He told us how happy it made him that we were all pursuing careers that are people centered. He talked of how the impact of the kind of parents we have has made a huge difference in the kind of people we are. Wow. You see, my brother is not a warm fuzzy as a rule. He's incredibly kind to people and would help anyone. He's a good man who knows Jesus, loves his family and excels at his job as a coach and teacher. Yet, our relationships as siblings has been more joking, ribbing, teasing, etc. We occasionally get sentimental, but not often. What a precious gift that email is...and it's going in my keepsake box that I keep all of those cards/notes/letters that have spoken to my heart over the years.
This makes me think of the precious gift given to me by Jesus. I'm not the most gracious gift recipient and find it awkward accepting. I don't know why other than my pride and independence ~ yes, I know how twisted that sounds. It was that way for me when Jesus offered me salvation. I will admit, I struggled with the simplicity of His free gift. I figured there had to be a catch... I surely must have to DO something to be saved. But no. There were no works, no cleaning up my act, nothing. Just accept. Just receive. Just say yes to His gracious gift of salvation. That one act of accepting has turned my life upside down and has been an adventure that I wouldn't trade for anything...and it's only just begun!
Have you said yes to the ultimate gift?
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment