Strife: angry contention, rivalry
Boy, that can be me. Not a very attractive trait, I admit. I don't get why I have to be contentious at all. Why can't I just go with the flow instead of making an issue? Why do I make anything a rivalry instead of looking for camaraderie?
But, I've witnessed victory this week. It all started with the Third Day Concert. There was a point when the lead singer, Mac Powell, lead a time of worship between the songs 'Cry out to Jesus' and 'Revelation' that I knew God was there with me at that moment. It's hard to explain, but it seems I'd been strife filled and manipulating against God and others for quite some time and at that moment, everything fell into place when I let go. It was freeing. Instead of the passion of being fired up about controlling situations, I was, to the core of my being, excited about a future that is unknown by me, but certainly known by my Lord. It was saying no to the sameness of me and saying yes to the adventure of Him. Funny thing...God wasn't done teaching me that lesson... He did the same thing when I spoke at UNiTE and during a talk with a friend. Both had their moments of me striving against it, fighting doing what I know God wanted from me, but in the end, I said yes to the adventure of the unknown by me. And did God bless me. He gave me such peace in both situations ~ joy in teaching and studying for UNiTE and deepening my level of respect for my friend. I'm thinking I'm going to like not striving....
Proverbs 20:3
It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
No comments:
Post a Comment