I'm beat... but it's a good kind of tired today. The kind that comes after working hard at something coupled with the high of a great accomplishment, then the natural return to the ordinary. What makes it awesome is that it was work that the Lord wanted me to do.
Last night, I gave the message at our youth meeting. I taught on the life of Mary finding the study and delivery of God's word has bubbled a change in me unlike anything I've experienced. I'm hooked... I want to know and teach His Word to women. Last night, looking in the eyes those young women in the audience, any doubts of where I belong in ministry was erased. Those girls need examples of women living their lives for the Lord...and not just the married moms. I admit that I have been battling that lie from the enemy far too long. Somewhere in my twisted thinking, I have come to believe that if I don't fit the social norm of a church, I'm not worthwhile. Now, let me be completely clear... through NO fault of any person at church has this occurred. I've allowed the shallow thinking of a very select few from my distant past affect my level of commitment because I believed I didn't fit. It's MY problem. It's time to move past that. I've allowed that ignorant fallacy to hold me back from being all that He has made me to be. Who I am is who He made me. I embrace that. I am unique, fearfully and wonderfully made... and I want those young women, sitting in those pews, believing the lies of the world that they are nothing to embrace who God made them to be. I want them to know that they can serve the Lord in ways they never dreamed possible...missionaries, teachers, leaders, evangelists...God can and will use them ~ single or married. I want to be a catalyst in women's lives to help them live to serve Him. I want live what I believe.... sold out. I want to stand on the truth of the Word, able to say hard words through the covering of grace and mercy. I want my world to know about the Savior.
I so want to be like Jesus.
Luke 1:37-38
For with God nothing shall be impossible. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.
No comments:
Post a Comment