The past two weeks have been hellish, to say the least. In the midst of closing out an 11.5 year tenure at my current job and prepping for a whole career change, I'm inserting a 10 day mission trip! No, it didn't start out that way, but it's comical how it all worked out. I gave my notice and my contract will end on Saturday. Then I fly out on Monday. Gotta love God's ways. However, I sit here thankful. I haven't had a moment to get all revved up about going to a remote village in a Central American Country in the middle of July with bugs as big as birds, to be afraid of failing at teaching at the English camp we are doing, or any of the other thoughts that have wasted my time in the past. Nope. All I am thinking about is how much I am looking forward to being with Jesus and His people. How I am excited about the quiet that will be there... all the distractions I've had have taken toll on my intimacy with My Savior. I've really missed Him. I am praying for time just to be quiet with Him, to savor His word, to get refocused in a couple of areas in my life. I'm praying for deep connections with women whose culture is so polar opposite of mine. I look forward to learning so much from them. I praying that the kids that are a part of the VBS will see Jesus in my smile, my laughter and my hugs. I'm praying that my teammates will deepen their love and faith in the Only One worthy of such love and faith. I'm praying that I come back a different woman than the one who sits here today.
Heavenly Father, you alone know the fiery darts that have come my way,including the ones I haven't seen, during these past few weeks. You alone have been the buoy in the storm and an anchor for my tired soul. Thank you for forgiving my shortcomings and for giving me strength in each day to finish this race well. Be with my co-workers as they begin this new chapter in their lives. Thank you for loving me. Looking forward to our time in Belize!
No comments:
Post a Comment