Monday, August 17, 2009

Small victory

1 Peter 1:7-8 (King James Version)

7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:



Ever heard the phrase , "Be careful what you wish for"? Well, I'm living that one right now. Recently, I have asked my Sunday morning prayer buddies to lift me up in the area of discipline. As I explained to them, I've become very apathetic about life in general. So the prayers began and the first thing the Lord really spoke to me about was being quiet to hear his still, small voice. I'd been reading about missing what the Holy Spirit wanted to work on because we ignore/dismiss/reject what we are being asked to be obedient to do. Then almost before I learned that lesson, the still, small voice convicted me about my time spent on Facebook. Now let me clarify something from the beginning. I do not think FB is wrong, evil or anything else... it simply brings unnecessary distraction into my life on a variety of levels. So, in obedience to that voice, I disengaged my page. Now, mind you, I really didn't think how that would affect others, but it became very clear, very quickly that my decision to be obedient would bring the enemy and his legion out to thwart my efforts. Some felt I had removed them from my friend list (I didn't even think about that to be honest!)or didn't want to communicate with them anymore. I was sort of bummed that people would jump to the conclusion that I would intentionally remove them, but then I was reminded that the enemy will strike almost immediately on the heels of obedience. He wanted me to doubt myself as I have so many times in the past and he oft times uses my relationships with others to do his evil deeds. That reminder was what I needed to move past the discouragement and realize that I was fighting a spiritual battle.

I was pumped to go into my Sunday morning group and tell them of the victory that I'd realized over the weekend and how faithful He is to me by the gentle reminder that I am doing His bidding. Then because the Lord loves to encourage and bless, I got several encouraging emails today about my decision to disengage from FB. I serve an Awesome God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment