Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Living Water

This past week and weekend has been a flurry of activity. I found myself worn out on Friday afternoon just thinking about all that I wanted to get accomplished. Ministry opportunities, a fun day with friends, not to mention the other activities of daily living that I needed to get done. I had decided that in the middle of all of the hubbub, I would take a half a day and go hang with my best friend at our favorite coffee place. It was there that the Lord met my need for encouragement.

An acquaintance of ours, AC, happened to be grabbing a cup of coffee while she waited on a lunch date she had planned and we were able to sit and visit. AC is one of those people who lights up a room wherever she goes. She's bright, beautiful, vivacious, and loves Jesus so deeply that it's tough to discern where He ends and she begins. She is a missionary for Campus Crusade for Christ and has returned from serving in an Eastern European country and is preparing to go serve in another country that is not welcoming of those whose faith is in Jesus Christ. I was enthralled with her recounting of how the Lord had moved in her life, taking her down paths that she didn't see as being necessary at the time, but now sees clearly how He was preparing her for this next step. All three of us shared times when being in the wait has been the most excruciating part of our relationship with the Lord, but oh the blessings that come out of doing it well. Little does AC know how the Lord used her words of encouragement, her use of Scripture, and her faithfulness in walking with Him to keep me going ~ but Jesus knows. Today, I am just thankful for how He loves me enough to send that cup of living water along to refresh my soul. I also pray for my friend as she pours out her life as an offering to the One who makes it worth it all.

Isaiah 44:3 ~ For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment