793....26.04.....2.17....that's the break down for how many days, months, years until I turn 50. In that span of time(if the Lord allows), I will have been on the earth for half of a century. That sounds ancient. However, I don't feel ancient. Yeah, there are days that my body may ache a bit more than others...heck, it did that at 20! There are times I just don't understand the latest fad, craze, technological advancement....but I didn't always pick up on/care about the latest trendy stuff when I was 25 years younger. You see, I don't see aging as the enemy. I see it as a blessing. While I don't always like the effects aging can have, there are some definite perks. I am abundantly wiser now than I was then. It only takes a quick call to my Mom to verify that I thought I knew EVERYTHING when I was in my twenties. It took a few knocks from life to show me I didn't know jack. I am now wise enough to know that there is a lot I don't know. Another blessing...I don't care about a lot of useless worldly garbage that I used to care about. Shopping, material things, career, travel, politics, etc. have certainly lost their appeal as I have aged. As I explained to a pal of mine, it's just more junk to have to take care of! While this 'stuff' has lost it's appeal, people have become more and more important to me. Oh, I am not talking of having a gazillion Facebook 'friends'...but rather having a selection of really great people in my life that take it to a whole new level. It's been refreshing to travel, not necessarily for the location, but because of the people involved in the trip. It's fun to have a home that people consider retreat-like because it blesses the souls of others. I enjoy shopping so much more when I can treat someone instead of dragging more 'stuff' into my house. Why do I bring this all up?
Well, I've decided to take the next 793 days/26.04 months/2.17 years to make some changes. Most will be small and of significance to only me, some will be appreciated and noticed by most, and a few may be truly life changing. Yep, think I am going to embrace this aging thing...stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment