Now therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways. ~ Haggai 1:5
I try to pay attention to the Lord whenever I hear His word, but I have to admit much probably gets past me on a consistent basis. However, I have made a practice of really paying attention when I hear something more than once over the course of a 24 hour period. Today, I believe the Lord was shouting to me as I heard the Lord speak to me about the same issue from three different sources over the course of 4 hours...that's a condensation of His Word that is highly unusual for me. What was basically said is what the Lord said in Haggai: Consider your ways.
As I have encouraged those words to take residence in my heart today, I've come to the conclusion that I have not been careful in obeying that admonishment.
I have been waging a battle with the Lord over control of a few areas of my life and frankly, it's made me miserable. God has made it clear to me that I am in deep need of accountability in my life, and I have chosen to try to tread in the cesspool of pride, only to find myself almost drowning. I have refused to humble myself, invite another believer into my world to give guidance, prayer,encouragement and thus allow the Lord not only to work in my life, but possibly work in theirs. I have made useless excuses as to why I haven't obeyed. As I was thinking it over during the morning message, I've realized that the most rudimentary reason is that I don't want the Lord to say 'no' to me. And in my childish resistance to obedience, I have failed to realized that I am also risking missing a 'yes' from Him as well.
I know that the biggest part of pleasing the Lord is faith...faith in Him, His ways, and trusting that His promise to watch over me are beyond good enough reasons to take the risk of a 'no'....I would welcome your prayers as I move forward in obedience.
No comments:
Post a Comment