Do you ever ask yourself, "Why me"? I would venture to guess that all of us have at one time or another. Hopefully, if you have, it's been amidst a simple frustration and not in the throws of some horrible life altering event. After the death of my dear friend, Toney, in 1998, I realized that the more appropriate question for my life should be, "Why not me?". I oddly am asking myself both questions.
Today, I read an update of Brian Clark's ministry in London, England. It spoke of the victories, challenges, and sacrifices the call of God has placed on their lives. I was immediately moved to lift them up. I tried to imagine myself in their position. Honestly, it was difficult. The 'Why me?' question came in my mind when I think of the blessings that I currently experience in my life. Actually, they are comforts. I am blessed with a good job; living close to my family where, unlike the Clarks, I can drive the 5 minutes to just hang out with most of them; a comfortable home; opportunities to travel just for fun; good health; well, the list could really be endless. Then that moved me to think "Why not me?"...why haven't I been called to sacrifice more for Christ? Should I look for more ways to sacrifice? Being totally transparent, those questions scare me. I like my comfortable life. I am content with my comfortable life. Yet, I never want my comfort to become the idol in my life that it has the potential to be. Jesus knows the depths of my love for Him. It is my prayer today that if I am asked to sacrifice the comforts He's blessed me with, that I will live that love through obedient action.
No comments:
Post a Comment