Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Did I Mean It?

And I know you know the difference
Between a promise and a lie
And I know you know the difference
Between what is wrong and right
I know you said you gave it all to Jesus Christ
You said that someday. Said you'd do anything
But, did ya mean it?

This chorus from Third Day's "Did You Mean It" has been playing over and over in my heart over the past 24 hours.  It's been because the Lord himself is calling me out on a promise I made to Him several years back over an issue in my life.  I gave it over to the Lord to bless or sacrifice.  Now this many years later, I am still battling it and the enemy of my soul knows how to batter my heart and try to knock me on my back.  He knows my desire to control my life.  He knows my weak areas.  He knows my struggle with following something I can't see ~ blindly trusting the path chosen for me even if it isn't by me.  He knows that if he can whisper just enough in my ear to get me to doubt that the Lord really cares about me or my issue, I will be off and running in trying to manipulate it to get my desired outcome.

BUT, this time, I chose the Word of God to battle the enemy.  When those fears, doubts, anger and other emotions started to well up in my heart, I went running to the only place where I can find help - My Savior's Words.  One by one, I countered all the lies being whispered to me with His promises...to never leave nor forsake me, to be my strong tower and refuge, to acknowledged Him in all my ways and He will direct my path (a promise to lead me!), to cast what I am caring about on Him because He does care, to capture my thoughts and bring them captive to Christ, that His thoughts and ways aren't mine.  It was truly a healing balm to my battered soul.  I slept so soundly knowing that My Lord has plans for me that are good...in fact, better than what I could ever plan for my own life.

Yeah, I meant it!

No comments:

Post a Comment