Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 18 - Drink

A piping hot cup of apple cider, warm winter sunlight streaming through the south window of my living room, and a sweet friend to share the afternoon/evening with.  That was my day 18, and oh what a good day it was!

For those who don't know her, the picture is of my friend Catie.  Saturday was our day to hang together during her busy vacation from China.  Catie lives in Baotou and teaches English in a university...and ministers to the hearts of her students.  It was great to be able to hear about all of her adventures in her new culture, how she is being stretched, and how she is in the sweet spot of God's call on her life.  For me, the most heart warming part is to see the transformation from the young insecure college woman into a more self assured, godly woman.  I remember the first time I met Catie and I honestly thought we would probably not have a lot in common.  I was loud and she was super quiet.  I remember the times we spent together in the WOW bible studies, the time that she and Kendale spent almost the entire weekend hanging out in my home, the summer she lived with us, the tears and frustrations we have shared.  Boy, was I wrong on my first impression!!  She has ministered to my soul on countless occasions - words of encouragement, words of admonishment, but mostly she has shown me what it's like to be a true servant of Christ.  As I have told her, and now want the rest of you to know, this young woman has taught me what it's like to sacrifice and heed to the call of Christ.  I am so privileged to know her and count it a blessing beyond measure that the Lord saw fit to entwine our lives!  I love you, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment