It's so funny how a random conversation ends up being what I get to blog about today! I spent the better part of an afternoon hanging out with two people whom I love to sit, have coffee and conversation. We were discussing the lost art of letter writing and how much we all love to get a handwritten letter or card in the mail. I get home and realize that my topic for today is handwriting...how cool is that! I then thought to a notebook that my sister, Jennifer, made for me several years back that has a wide variety of hand written notes from people I cherish. The picture above is the portion that my parents wrote to me. I will pull this book out on occasion and read through it and every word is such an encouragement! I love that almost all of it is handwritten, with penmanship that is as unique as the personalities they represent. I have a rather large box of all kinds of letters, cards, and notes that I have kept for years. When life really gets to me, I will pull them out and just read them and almost immediately my mood is lifted because I have some wonderful handwritten memories from some wonderful people.
This also convicted me. I used to be so much better at sending a note in the mail to encourage others and I've kind of lost that over the past couple of years. It's time to become more purposeful at encouraging others through letter writing.

No comments:
Post a Comment