Self portrait, or in common nomenclature, a "selfie". Seems we have become quite adept at them. I had taken two for this that looked truly weird to me. I look, well, not like me! So I decided that the above captures who I am. I have been told my eyes are a dead give away for the emotion brewing under the surface. They will dance when I am happy, sparkle when I am up to something ornery, narrow fiercely when I am angry, unable to always look another in the eye when I have to deliver difficult words or am feeling self conscious and fill with tears when sad. They have witnessed many beautiful sights, as well as their share of heartbreaking moments. The corner of my right eye has a scar that reminds me of how good God has been to me and how He faithfully listens to the petitions of believers. The crinkles along the edges and the wrinkles underneath are badges of honor to a life that has been less than perfect, but has had abundant joy and reasons to smile perfectly woven all through it. I am me and I praise Him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps. 139:14).
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Day 10 - Self Portrait
Self portrait, or in common nomenclature, a "selfie". Seems we have become quite adept at them. I had taken two for this that looked truly weird to me. I look, well, not like me! So I decided that the above captures who I am. I have been told my eyes are a dead give away for the emotion brewing under the surface. They will dance when I am happy, sparkle when I am up to something ornery, narrow fiercely when I am angry, unable to always look another in the eye when I have to deliver difficult words or am feeling self conscious and fill with tears when sad. They have witnessed many beautiful sights, as well as their share of heartbreaking moments. The corner of my right eye has a scar that reminds me of how good God has been to me and how He faithfully listens to the petitions of believers. The crinkles along the edges and the wrinkles underneath are badges of honor to a life that has been less than perfect, but has had abundant joy and reasons to smile perfectly woven all through it. I am me and I praise Him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps. 139:14).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment