Monday, February 9, 2015
Day 9 - Front door
This is one of my two front doors. Since I used the other for the last photo blog in '12, this was my choice for today. This door says much about the inhabitants of this home. First, we obviously dig magnets! These used to be housed on the fridge, but since getting a stainless steel beauty, we moved the magnets to the door to reduce scratching. Second, this is a house that is kid friendly. While I don't have any children, I do adore several that I know! The roomie is a teacher so the letters are her contribution to the cause. Many visiting wee ones have played with those letters over the past 10+ years. Everything from showing us random letters for words they made up, or the first letter of their name to correctly spelled real words. Rarely does a time go by that a child using the letters isn't encouraged by the resident educator to find a word that rhymes or some other learning mechanism. Third, the adults aren't left out! There are various sayings displayed that make them chuckle. The baggy hanging from the magnetized clip has a plethora of words that have been used to have poetry contests between big kids on occasion. Third, I love pictures! It makes my heart happy to walk by and catch a glimpse of my two nieces as babies, or to see a couple of missionaries and it spurs me to pray for them. There is the one in the upper left corner... a picture of three of us who worked a our youth camp in 2010. I learned so much about myself at that camp and I love to think about how far I have come...not to mention that Catie and Ana are still among my dearest friends! Finally, there is a magnet of a chocolate lab that looks a lot like my beloved Coco. It was this door that reminds me of one of my favorite Coco stories. When she was about 6 months old, she went out back through her dog door and then proceeded to dig under the fence to make a get away. I got up the next morning and couldn't find her anywhere. As I went into the dining room, I could hear wimpering and howling. I opened this door and there she stood. I don't think I ever recall her being quite so happy to see me! She never did that again. Boy, I miss my girl! Happy Monday, friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment