Sunday, February 8, 2015
Day 8 - Sun
This morning I got up to take a photo because I knew it was set to be an overcast day. This was the interesting result. It fits the morning I experienced at church. We have had a tragic week in our community and specifically in our church family. One of our families had a house fire and lost their 9 year old granddaughter. It's something that one just cannot wrap their mind around. So many more questions than answers. This morning there was a pervasive heaviness in the morning service, much like the darkness in the photo. Overwhelming hurt for those who have lost so much was present in every pew. Then it happened. Our pastor shepherded the flock through the feelings. With emotion flowing, as a congregation we faced the heaviness. We were able to come around this deeply hurting family, to cry with them, and to pray for them. So very cathartic and very wise of our pastor to lead us to truth - that Jesus Christ is our anchoring hope. So like the sun piercing through this morning, the Son pierced through with what we needed. No, I can't answer so many questions, but I belong to the One who knows all. Clinging to that hope today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment