Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Change is inevitable but growth is intentional

Welcome to the "new" endeavor.  

I've taken a bit of a step back from my normal routine, a sabbatical of sorts, to pause to listen to the Lord.  The noise of life was crowding out that still small voice that I wanted to hear.  Oh how He loves to meet us in those times!  I don't know about you, but I delight in the results of what author Lysa TerKeurst calls "growth opportunities".  For certain, I don't always enjoy the process of coming to said results but the lovely that is on the other side makes it so worth the pain.

This is the result of that quiet.  A soul searching, sin exposing, pick me up and brush me off time with Jesus.  Some of lessons will be shared in coming weeks and some will remain between He and I until He finishes the refining.

Why the change in the blog?  Pure and simple: Intention.  Most of my life has been a linking of random growth moments and my blog has reflected that lack of intentional living.  I didn't want to be tied down to purposeful, directional writing.  I wanted the freedom to write whatever popped into my head.  Not all bad for that period.  That era is over.  I want my remaining days to count for something eternal.

Why Undertaking Grace?

To undertake something is a "formal pledge or promise to do something".  An oath. A covenant. A vow. A commitment.  Lofty words and, of myself, completely unattainable.  Not so with Jesus.  I'm setting the bar high so I have no option but to look to Him - the author and finisher of my faith.  The One with whom all things are possible, including this woman's desire to know His grace in ways I cannot fathom today.  Because I need grace so desperately in my life.  It's what my eternity is banking on... the unmatched grace of Jesus Christ.  I need it where I walk every day.  I need it so saturating my life that is spills out onto those that cross my path every day.  I need it so others will see IT instead of the mess that is me.  I need it so they will see Jesus.  I need it because I don't consistently have it.

It won't always be a warm fuzzy.  It won't always be profound.  My prayer is that it will consistently be real.

I will leave you today with this tweet from Carlos Rodriguez:

If your theology makes you feel superior to others, rethink your theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment