Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Moments





The longer I walk this earth, the more attune I am to the fact that the best of life happens in moments. Today, I was reminded of that certainty.  As a woman who is not a parent, those occasions that most of you with kids experience are a bit fewer and farther between for me. The latest involved the Nephew.  He is at that age where I find myself irritated more than enamored.  He knows what buttons to push (it must be genetic from his father!) to get a reaction out of me and it works every time.  This morning I was charged with getting him to lifting for football.  As we were leaving the house, I was stunned by the rays of sun breaking through the clouds and decided to snap a photo.  Of course, that lead to comments from the peanut gallery...until he turned around and looked at what I was photographing.  He stopped and said, "That looks like Jesus looking down".  I simply smiled and said, "Yes, it does".  We drove to the school with the usual "teen annoying aunt" banter resuming.  As he got out and I told him have a great workout, time seemed to stop.  I watch this young man, who will be a freshman, walk into the school and my heart melted.  Pretty soon he will be a senior graduating and going to college.  He will probably marry and have children.  It all happens so fast.  He isn't that little boy who giggled at blowing bubbles, or who dressed up as EVERY superhero known to man, or who performed in the school musicals.  He's becoming a man.  As I drove away from the school, I thanked God for him and asked Him to mold this young man into one who follows after Him with all he has.  I prayed that he would see Jesus in the everyday of life.  I thanked Him for this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment