Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Butterfly kisses

My niece has the most beautiful brown eyes with long lashes and often we will give each other butterfly kisses. I was thinking about how special those small, seemingly insignificant moments are to me. Nothing momentous at the time, but ingrained in my memories forever. Very much like the dailies of life and the butterfly kisses given to me by my Heavenly Father. Last night I was recounting all the small moments of the recent past that didn't seem to have a huge affect on the outcome of my life, but most certainly have had an outcome on the attitude with which I live it. So I'm celebrating the butterfly kisses of my nephew's most contagious giggle when he gets humored by something his aunts do to make him laugh; or my niece's hilarious face when she's protecting her big brother from Aunt Carla; or the joy on Grandpa or Grandma's faces when the kids hug them; or the way my perfect puppy, Coco, stands on the chair looking out the window, wagging the back half of her body in excitement when Mama drives up; or when I see Princess S apply the spiritual principles we've discussed to her daily life; or when 9 deer cross my front yard; or when it's freezing and I have a warm bed to sleep in; or when I'm sick and friends take care of me, call to check on me or offer to bring me something; or when it's sunny out on my way to work and a great praise song comes on; or when my staff do something really right and I get to compliment them on it; or when my pheasant friends cross the road on my drive to work (inside thing between God and I). The list could truly be endless. As I end 2008, I know beyond any doubt that I am blessed. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment