Friday, January 2, 2009
Purging
I'm feeling the need for a good purge. To rid my life of that which is just taking up space needlessly. Problem is I'm not sure where to start or what to do with all that needs to be purged. The physical 'things' that I have in my house, office, etc. are easier to relinquish. It's the 'things' you can't see, feel, or touch that has me perplexed. I have some dreams that I'm beginning to think need to be shelved or discarded for the greater purposes God has for me. Problem is, what do I do with the empty space that dream once filled? I have a few relationships that I don't have the energy to continue to maintain and am wondering if it isn't time just to let go and move on. Yet, I feel guilty for quitting and think that if maybe I tried just a little harder, their lack of initiative in maintaining the relationship could be overcome by my actions. But I know relationships don't work that way... it takes two to make it work. I want to be more intentional in my pursuits this year. To spend time in high quality relationships, ministries, activities. Not to just "fill spaces" with cheap imitations of the real thing. No time like today to start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment