Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
This has been a stress filled week as I have been undergoing our annual state survey in my nursing home. Yep, one would think that after doing this for 15+ years that I wouldn't stress, but unless you've done this job, you have no idea what it's like to have everything you do scrutinized and questioned by people who probably haven't worked in a nursing home. This year I have maintained a mantra of it being what it is, yet the threat of allegations of being less than perfect sent me into a tailspin.
Then the prayer happened. I asked my roomie to pray with me before heading to work. I was completely astounded at the words that poured out of her mouth to our Heavenly Father. The exact words I had been echoing in my heart and mind all morning... opportunities for leadership, to help walk us through the issue, for Him to be glorified. There is no plausible explanation for the like mindedness of our prayers except that our God is a God who is intimately entwined in our lives. He is the God who knew both of us before we came into being. And because we have both submitted to His plan for our lives, He is shaping us into the godly women he longs for us to be. So, I sought Him, He heard me, and my fears are gone. What a Magnificent, Holy, Loving, and Gracious Father I have!
No comments:
Post a Comment