Friday, February 13, 2009

Eye Problem

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

I love music and am particularly fond of Contemporary Christian music. Yet, there is something about the 'old' hymns that often bring me back to where I need to be. The above chorus is one of the best. I have been humming this all day because I have been struggling with my eyes being anywhere but on Jesus. This week has not been an unusual one...standard busyness, obligations, etc. But my focus has been off for the past couple of days and I've been fighting something that isn't an overly common problem for me ~ fear. As I've taken this problem to the Lord, He's shown me that my focus has been on the wrong things. I've been fearful of the economy and how it will affect my facility, staff and residents; fearful of changes that I vainly imagine may happen in relationships and ministry, fearful of loss. Jesus gently reminds me that what I am fearing I cannot control. He also reminds me that I need to relinquish the tight grasp I have on my job, my things, relationships, ministries and whatever else that He's given me and give Him the control. As I was confessing this, the chorus comes into my mind and the truth of those words come alive... the things of this world do become dim in the light of His glory and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment