Pleasure
The women in this picture represent some of the most entertaining, hilarious, yet godly women I've ever met. Last night we were in attendance at a shower for another friend (who isn't in the pic because she was serving the Lord in Belize at the time!), and it just seems that wherever we congregate, the laughter ensues. Funny thing, right in the middle of laughing, the conversation can turn on a dime and we are passionately sharing what the Lord is doing in our midst, and then go back to laughing! We laugh at the most mundane things, we laugh at each other, we just simply love to laugh. I seriously do not know what I would do without them.
Purpose

The three young women in this photo bless me beyond all measure. The Lord has brought them into my life for this season of needing to nurture and grow another person in the Lord. Yes, the Lord has blessed me in the past with others to influence and I am so thankful for them, yet these three have a piece of my heart to varying degrees. Just when I was beating myself up for feeling like I have totally failed them, God chooses to move in their lives, they allow Him to do so and the result is nothing less than pure glory! Last night I got to be on the receiving end of a huge blessing when I listened to one cross over from being a teen to being a woman, making a decision to truly and without reservation, follow the Lord with her life. Years of prayer, times of protection, words of caution, periods of keeping my mouth shut,and loving her deeply regardless of circumstances, were all worth that one spectacular moment in time. You see, I own a piece of that result! Oh, I still fail at this whole thing to varying degrees, but He does have a purpose for me and I love it.
Passion

Ultimately, I smile because Jesus is my passion. I want others to know Him. I want them to meet the Savior, the Comforter, the Forgiver, the Healer, the Best Friend they will ever know! I want them to be in eternity with us. Because I am here, today is a day I get to share Him with another person and I can think of no other reason to smile.
Proverbs 15:13 - A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance...
No comments:
Post a Comment