Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stand-In Saturday - Coco's Comments

My Momma's friend, Missy, had this idea that bloggers should allow their kids or pets to take over the blog for a day. Boy, she didn't know what she was getting my Alpha Momma into! I've just been waiting to get my paws on this blog so that I could tell my side of the story of life with Carla and Coco.

I've decided that I am going to reveal some things about my Momma that you may or may not know.  Did you know that while she can appear to be all business like, I am the one being that can consistently make her heart melt like buttah and make her all mushy inside?! Yep, I  knew that from the first time I laid my big brown eyes on her.  It was a couple of weeks before her 42nd birthday and she came to the farm where I was born.  She knew she was looking for a chocolate lab because she wanted a dog that would be good with kids.  Not because she has her own, but we have a lot of them visiting our house on a regular basis and she wanted that to continue.  I remember her dressed up because of her work and I remember her crawling into the kennel me and my sister were in...wearing a skirt, flats, and her hair all curly.  I thought if a woman will do that, she must be a crazy dog lover deep down.  I recall my sister being w-a-y more hyper than me and she went yelping out of the kennel and I decided I wanted to choose this woman to be my people Momma.  I walked over to her, laid down at her feet, put my paws on her flats, and looked up into her eyes.  I knew it was love at first sight for her.  You see, I think the Lord gave me a good instinct in knowing that she needed me in her life to open up some areas of her heart that she'd closed off. We dogs have a way of doing that with people.  I saw those tears in the corner of her eyes and she said, "This is my puppy!"...little did she know that I'd already chosen her.  What a fun day when she came to bring me home. I got to meet the little and big people in her life that are now my family and friends. 

Here are some things I love about my Momma...and some things I wish she'd change:

I love that my Momma has been a fierce protector of me.  I know, it should be the other way around, but that's just not our relationship. In fact, Momma can be that way about those she loves...she can crab about them, but woe to those who dare say an ill word.  Two times I remember vividly of Momma taking care of me was the time I choked on a rawhide.  I went to her with a panicked look on my face that she seemed to understand. The next thing I know, she is reaching down into my throat to pull the thing out...which she did!  The other time was when I got too close to some horses at the grandparents' farm.  One of the old mares tried to stomp me to death and I didn't have a clue what was going on...but Momma came to the rescue with a Barbie fishing pole!  She whipped that horse, screaming like a banshee at it and it ran off.  My poor cousin Rileigh was terrified (so was I!!) but Momma took care of both of us that day.  Trust me, you never want to mess with her! (FYI ~ that same horse tried to nip Momma later when she was giving it a carrot, and Mom punched her in the nose!)

I love that my Momma spoils me...yep, I am a diva.  Her whole desire for me in life is to be her girl and for me to be comfortable.  My job in this life is to just be her companion...and I love my job!

I love that Momma is willing to share me with others.  She loves to have people over to the house and she always expects me to be hospitable.  I admit that I am cranky at times, but I really do love people once I get to know them.  The one person that she has shared me with that I am most happy about is my walking companion, Sherri.  I just love Sherri...she is the bomb! She walks with me morning and night, has taken me on many adventures around the village, usually up to visit her parents and that special little girl, Emma.  What I really love about going up there is chasing the cats...but I hate those chickens!  Sherri didn't really want a dog, but I have completely changed her mind and she adores me as well.  She made fun of Momma for her spoiling but if the truth was known, Sherri is worse than Momma...she even buys me Duck Dynasty treats! Yep, I have these two women wrapped around my furry paw.

What I wish Momma would change? She is gone a lot and I don't like that much.  I just want her home more.  She's been talking to me about that and I believe she is going to be spending more time at home from now on...realigning her priorities.  I am one happy puppy!

Well, I guess I didn't tell too many embarrassing things about Momma...some things are just meant to be between us girls. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

XOXO  Coco Chanel Ewing.... Yes, she named me after a fashion designer, not a form of chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment