Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hope

I have decided that my word for 2014 is going to be hope.  Just seems like there is so much of it sitting on the precipice of my new year.  There has been so much that He has walked me through in 2013 that has grown my faith and has increased my hope.  I often look at life on an eternal time perspective which has been so helpful in the difficult times, yet I am concerned that I miss out on the blessing of hope in the daily of life.  Some things I hope for this year...

 ~ that I will become a more Christ like woman.  This is going to require me to allow Him to change some deeply ensconced character flaws. It's not going to necessarily be fun, but it is necessary.

~  that I will have the courage to take a risk that leaves me knowing that He was all over it.

~  that I will do something completely outside of my character and comfort zone.

~ that I will be present in the moments of life. 

~ that I will have much more face to face time with people and a lot less fb interactions.  Nothing tops true connections with others!

~ that I make a difference for eternity in several lives this year...no specifics as to how... I just want to be a part!

~  that I will have the good discipline of embracing each day's opportunities to make those small good choices that add up to big changes.

~ that I will welcome those challenges that will ultimately help me know Him in ways that I don't today.

~ As I was researching to see if I had claimed a word last year, I re-read some past blogs and discovered that I unknowingly started (January 20) and ended (December 23) 2013 with the verse from Psalm 145:8!  Isn't it just like Him to bring me full circle to know that he is full of mercy and compassion?!  I hope to go deeper in my trust of His word.


Psalm 71:14 ~ But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment