Before you start to read this last blog entry of 2013, I want to thank you. Thank you for reading the words, ideas and feelings that often roll around in my head begging to spill out and be heard. Thank you for the comments of encouragement that what I am experiencing isn't unique and that you appreciate that my writing them has helped you articulate what's going on with you. Thank you for not commenting if your thoughts about my writing isn't positive or productive in helping me grow. I want you to know that I have sent a prayer of thanksgiving up for you today...you are His gift to me.
One of my favorite things in life is starting something new.....
~ starting a brand new journal as it's ripe with the potential of what life will bring that I will want to record
~ starting a new friendship that is full of possibilities
~ starting a new day with hope of doing it better than yesterday
~ embarking on a new project that may well change the trajectory of a ministry, a career or a life
~ starting a different approach to how I read the Word, anticipating that I will know Him deeper
~ starting a new endeavor that will take me out of the apathy that comfort in doing something the same way can bring
While I like the excitement that 'newness' can bring, today I celebrate the old....
~Those relationships that have passed the test of time and hardships and have become the sweet spot of my life.
~Those difficulties that I have endured, leaned into, and weathered to come out on the other side a much stronger and (hopefully!) better version of me.
~ The 'same old, same old' habit of getting into the Word as consistently as I can and seeing how that has changed my character and eternity.
~ Those small, consistent choices that bored me beyond measure but have yielded incredible fruit that I would have never experienced otherwise.
Yet, One is both new and old...my Savior. Jesus is always the same, always faithful, always true. Jesus is also such a mystery with depths that are worthy of my exploration. The fact of knowing that I can rely on his sameness and yet have so much more to be able to know about Him simply leaves me in awe of the only One deserving of that awe.
Thank you 2013 for all that you gave me. Welcome 2014.
No comments:
Post a Comment