Do you ever have something settle to the bottom of your soul and you just can't shake it? It doesn't happen a lot (or I don't perceive it to happen a lot) to me, so when it does I usually try to pay closer attention. It showed up again on Monday morning as I awoke to face the week after having an extended holiday reprieve. As my eyes opened, that undeniable still small voice whispered to my heart, "Pray for Pastor Saeed". Odd. I have prayed when I'd see an update on FB or the news, but honestly, I haven't been praying regularly for him. Why this unsettling in my soul over someone I don't know? I seriously have not been able to shake it for the past three days, so I have been praying. I don't have a clue how to specifically pray for him other than for his safety and release. As I got ready for work, I prayed for him with admission to the Lord that I don't know how to pray for him, but please help. That's why I am so very thankful for the Holy Spirit's work in my life. That promise in Romans that tells me that even though I don't know what to pray, He intercedes for me.
Today, I read an random update article posted yesterday that told of some things Pastor Saeed had been enduring the previous day. Yeah, the day that I'd been pressed by the Spirit to pray for him. I know without a doubt that my prayers for the pastor were heard. I don't understand how prayer works, but I know it does. I have seen miracle upon miracle occur because believers sought the Lord's intervention through prayer. I think we are utterly clueless as to how instrumental our prayers are for eternity and I can hardly wait to see what my prayers for Pastor Saeed on December 2, 2013, changed.
Romans 8:26 ~ Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Father, I thank you for the privilege of prayer. Thank you so much for nudging me on Monday morning to pray for Pastor Saeed. Lord, I ask that you release him from the horrible suffering he is facing. I pray that he is knowing you in a way that is so much deeper than what those of us who haven't suffered for our faith. Comfort him and his family right now. I also pray for those men who are seeking his release right now. Please open doors for them. Father, I pray that you change the minds of the leaders of our country and help them to see that they are in the positions they are in to protect the citizens of this country. Holy Spirit, thank you for making intercessions for me when I don't know what to pray. In Jesus' name. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment