Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 4 and 5 of the fast

The last two days of the fast were kind of a blur because of all of the activity leading up to the retreat.  Friday at lunch was the hardest.  We went to Wendy's and I was tempted the most to break the fast at lunch.  But, I didn't!!! Victory! I wanted to badly to finish well and did so.  My quiet time and prayer during this time wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but it was Saturday as I was delivering my message that I realized the results of my efforts.  I was exhausted.  However, He carried me through.  I wasn't a bit nervous and was even directed by the Lord to add a passage from my morning quiet time to the message, which I hate doing on the fly.  He carried me through.

I love you, Lord.

2 Timothy 4:7 ~ I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

No comments:

Post a Comment