I am currently starting on day 4 of the Daniel Plan fast and am feeling fantastic! Physically, I am feeling less muscle fatigue and more energy. I think the biggest thing I've noticed is the effect that drinking water has had on me. I think the old adage of we are probably more thirsty than hungry is true. I am drinking A LOT of water. I will be honest, I miss iced tea and diet coke. But, I am now enjoying water...yep, I am actually enjoying water.
Spiritually, this fast has brought me to a better understanding of sacrifice. I've never had to truly sacrifice much...if I wanted it, I had it. Obviously. Last night, a group of us went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. I'd planned it without even thinking about how I would adjust. I had to make a choice to either be faithful to what the Lord and I had decided, or I could chose to break the fast. In fact, it came up in conversation with the others and someone asked if I just couldn't break it for this one meal and then resume. It was then that the light bulb went off for me. Yes, I could. Do I think anything bad would have happened to me? No. However, I am positive that I would have lost out on the blessing that He has for those who are faithful....even in something as simple as a fast. So, I said no to my flesh and yes to green beans stir fried in garlic and rice. And it was absolutely delish because I was faithful to choosing Him over my flesh. Gotta say I am happy, happy, happy over that one moment of victory!
I cannot wait to see what He does with the women's retreat this weekend...anticipating changed lives and one happy Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment