Winds in the east, mist coming in.
Like somethin' is brewin and bout to begin.
Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
But I fear what's to happen all happened before.
That's where I am in life. The winds of change are moving in and the Lord is readying me for something new. How can I tell?
First, He is making me uncomfortable with the status quo. Whenever He has moved me to the next matrix, there has always been a period of discontent prior. I am not talking about discontent in the sense that I am not satisfied and coveting something different, but a yearning that I cannot remain where I am because He is leading me into a new adventure.
Second, He is bringing new challenges into my path for His kingdom. This has literally exploded over the past several weeks. He has peeled a layer of insecurity away and given me a new confidence to proceed in ways that are contrary to my very nature, yet are very natural because He is right there with me.
Third, the enemy is countering. If you've studied the Bible, you know that when God moves, the enemy counters. It's been the way of the world since the fall of Lucifer. I have been stunned at the number of distractions, drama incidents, and out right attacks that have occurred. That tells me something big is brewing.
Finally, He is admonishing, warning, encouraging and prodding through His word and the counsel of others. Just this morning I received a great piece of counsel from my reading in Genesis 16-19. In this particular reading, the story of Lot's time in Sodom and Gomorrah is told. Pretty wicked stuff going which highlights the depravity of man. Sick stuff. When the Lord deems the time is appropriate to destroy this wicked place, He tells Lot, his wife and two daughters to leave and to not look back. In verse 26 of chapter 19 it says, "But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt." Boom. Just like that. She was gone. In my heart, I knew He was talking directly to me. I know that I cannot move forward if I am looking back. The distractions have been linked to areas from the past that need to be d.o.n.e. Issues that were laced with sin keep beckoning for my attention. So, today I am resolving to not look back anymore. I simply cannot afford to do so. I am trusting Him to resolve that which isn't resolved. How utterly freeing!
So, what about you? Are you languishing in the pit of your past, looking back to things that are keeping you from moving forward? Does your head know, like Lot's wife, that the smart thing to do is be obedient, but your sinful flesh is beckoning you to look back? Do you fear the future, so you cling to the comfort of what you know? Take it to Him. Tell Him. He understands and He will deliver you.
I can't put my finger on what lies in store, but I am determined to trust Him with whatever the future holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment